I've been looking for a way to further automate and improve our vancouver twins membership form collection for a few years now. Currently, it's a pretty lame wordpress form plugin that sends an email, which then has to be manually inserted into a spreadsheet.
I saw with great excitement the google announcement of "Stop sharing spreadsheets, start collecting information". It's fairly close to what we want, but not quite good enough.
1. You can't make some fields mandatory. We had lots of data entry problems when we didn't have this.
2. fields need typing, like name, email, phone #, postal code, etc. More data entry problems.
3. Need to be able to embed a link in the form. We use a Yahoo ID to secure our list, archived files and pictures, and we need to be able to link to the application form.
Nice to haves:
1. Better control over the callback after the form is completed.
2. The grail #1: have the user control over their exact row in the table so they can update whenever something changes.
3. The grail #2: integration with other workflow, in our case a payment service where they will get added to the list after the form has been filled out AND we've received money. I known ning does some of this, but it's too weak on other parts for us.